Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where the single boys at?

I had neglected my mission to go to bars by myself, but recently started up again. I don’t know if I’m picking the wrong bars, the wrong times, or both, but for some reason, I am not running into many young, single guys. At all the bars I’ve gone to, the majority of young men there were with girls.

Apparently, I’m going at the “date hour,” or something.

So, I posted a status update to facebook asking where young single guys go. Two people, only one of whom was a girl, responded. I wish more of my guy friends would have jumped in but oh well. I’m not so sure this is the most inclusive list, but here are my friends’ answers:

-serious sports bars

-a place where I’m likely to be the only female, like golf clubs, boating clubs or craft brew bars

-ski trip

-improv shows

-cougar bars

-sporting events

-barbecues

Is that about right? Are there other places that single guys, who are over 25 and under 35, frequent? Where the young, single guys at?

By the way, you can now stalk, er, follow me on twitter @flamencokitty


4 comments:

  1. I often wonder the same thing. However, I have noticed lots of single guys at classic car shows (and car dealers) and huge golf events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Pepper Potts! Looks like I need to get more into sports.

    ReplyDelete